Cleargel AP Gel is a combination of two medicines, namely: Adapalene (human-made vitamin A) and Clindamycin (antibiotic) that works by loosening the cells in the skin’s surface and unblocks pores by reducing the production of oil in the skin thereby reducing the formation of pimples, whiteheads and blackheads on the skin surface. Clindamycin belongs to the class of antibiotics that works by inhibiting the production of essential proteins that are necessary for bacteria to grow, multiply and increase in numbers. Altogether it stops or slows down the growth of bacteria and prevents the growth of acne.
1. Acne Treatment: Cleargel AP Gel is commonly prescribed for the treatment of acne, as it combines Clindamycin and Adapalene, which work synergistically to combat acne.
2. Antibacterial Action: Clindamycin in the gel inhibits the growth of acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
3. Retinoid Effect: Adapalene, a retinoid, promotes skin cell turnover, preventing the formation of new acne lesions.
4. Reduction of Inflammation: The combination of Clindamycin and Adapalene helps reduce inflammation associated with acne.
Ingredients of Cleargel Ap Gel
1. Clindamycin: An antibiotic that targets and inhibits the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
2. Adapalene: A retinoid that promotes the turnover of skin cells and prevents the formation of comedones (clogged pores).
Warnings of Cleargel Ap Gel
1. Allergies: Individuals with a history of allergies to clindamycin or adapalene should avoid using Cleargel AP Gel.
2. Pregnancy and Lactation: Consultation with a healthcare professional is advisable for pregnant or lactating women before using the gel.
3. Concomitant Medications: Inform the dermatologist about other topical or oral medications being used to avoid potential interactions.
Usage of Cleargel Ap Gel
1. Cleanse the Skin: Wash the affected area with a mild cleanser and pat it dry.
2. Application: Apply a thin layer of Cleargel AP Gel to the affected areas, usually once daily in the evening, as directed by the dermatologist.
3. Avoid Eyes and Mouth: Be cautious to avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth, or other mucous membranes.
Side Effects of Cleargel Ap Gel
1. Dryness and Peeling: Some individuals may experience dryness or peeling of the skin, especially during the initial weeks of use.
2. Redness: Mild redness or irritation may occur, but it typically diminishes with continued use.
3. Sensitivity to Sunlight: Adapalene may increase sensitivity to sunlight; therefore, sunscreen usage is recommended.
Safety Information of Cleargel Ap Gel
1. Sun Protection: Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
2. Avoid Harsh Products: Refrain from using harsh or abrasive skincare products while using Cleargel AP Gel.
3. Regular Follow-ups: Regular follow-ups with the dermatologist are important to monitor progress and address any concerns.
Note: It is essential to read and follow the instructions provided with the specific brand or formulation Cleargel AP Gel and consult a dermatologist or healthcare professional for personalised advice regarding its use in dermatology.
Name: Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
Address: Office No. 11A – 15, 1st Floor, Free Press House, 215, Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021
Country of origin: India
Expires on or after: October, 2025