Body acne is a widespread problem that affects individuals of all age groups around the globe, and it can be just as annoying and embarrassing as facial acne. If acute, it can occasionally be uncomfortable and painful. The back, chest, shoulders, and upper arms may develop body acne. Depending on multiple factors, including hormonal imbalance, heredity, excessive oil production, sweating during exercise or in hot weather, menstrual cycles, alcohol consumption, protein supplements, age, food, stress, and other medications.
One of the most prevalent causes of body acne is excess oil production that blocks pores and creates outbreaks. Another factor causing excessive oil production and body acne is hormonal changes during puberty or pregnancy.
Sweating is another factor that causes body acne. When the body sweats, germs come into contact with the skin and clogging pores leads to breakouts. Due to the heat and humidity during summer, body acne often gets worse. Other medications like steroids, antidepressants, and birth control pills are also responsible for body acne.
Maintaining proper hygiene and a skincare routine, which includes showering after exercising, using mild soaps, and avoiding wearing tight clothing because they can trap sweat against the skin, helps to reduce body acne. You can treat body acne using body exfoliation, creams containing glycolic acid or lactic acid, and retinoids (vitamin A).
Nevertheless, several products are available to heal your body acne, leaving your skin looking supple and healthy.
● Salicylic acid body wash: Salicylic acid is a popular and effective component suitable for oily or highly inflamed skin. It works by exfoliating the skin and clearing clogged pores, which can help reduce the number of breakouts. A body wash containing salicylic acid is a great way to target acne on larger areas such as the back and chest of the body.
● Benzoyl peroxide body lotion: Benzoyl peroxide is another common topical ingredient for treating mild to moderate acne. It works by killing the bacteria that cause breakouts. Applying a body lotion containing benzoyl peroxide to the skin after a shower helps reduce the number of body acne.
● Retinoid cream: Retinoids are a type of vitamin A that can help unclog pores and reduce the appearance of acne. A retinoid cream can help clear up existing acne and prevent new breakouts from forming.
● Glycolic acid body scrubs: Glycolic acid is an exfoliant that can help remove dead skin cells, clear clogged pores, and retains moisture. It is suitable and recommended for dry skin and sun-damaged skin. A body scrub containing glycolic acid exfoliates the skin and helps reduce or lighten existing body acne resulting in even skin tone.
● Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic found in wheat, rye, and barley that can help kill bacteria and reduce inflammation. This oil is rubbed on the skin with a cotton swab or mixed with a lotion or body wash to reduce inflammation, clear clogged pores, and prevent new breakouts.
Body acne can affect people differently, so consulting a dermatologist can help you determine the best course of treatment based on your skin type and the severity of your acne.
In conclusion, all the above products assist you in treating the acne on your body while continuing to practice good hygiene and skincare routines. It is advisable to contact a dermatologist if you have severe body acne with sensitive skin.
To learn more about the best skincare products and to know their benefits, book an appointment now to get spotless, brighter, healthier skin! And Cutiskart is an e-commerce website to reach out for all kinds of skincare products, both for men and women. We have everything prepared for you - cleansers, moisturizers, serums, lotions, lip balms, and so on. All our products are dermatologically tested and approved, so visit our website and shop for healthier skin now.
Your Shopping Bag